Shisha fruit bowl, how to make it.
The operation of a hookah is so adaptable that it easily allows the development of creative techniques to enhance the taste of your tobacco. Hookah shop Greece has lots of creative ideas, and we want to share them with you! One of the smartest and most famous ideas you can perform yourself is to make a natural Shisha fruit bowl.
Fruits that have a circular shape such as apple, orange, watermelon, coconut, lemon, lime, melon, mango, pineapple, kiwi, or even a pumpkin, can be easily converted into a natural tobacco bowl and give an unexpected fruity burst of flavor to your final steam, creating a healthy variation of hookah smoking.
Procedure for the Fresh Hookah Fruit Head
The concept is simple: You cut the fruit into a shape that serves as a hookah bowl, place it so that it fits perfectly in the opening of the pipe and fill it with the tobacco of your choice to start the smoking process, as you would with a common hookah bowl. It is a completely ecological process that is totally harmless for your health. Using a fruit for a bowl can significantly extend the duration of your smoking session, without having a detrimental effect on your health. That is why many people use it as an alternative without regrets and with numerous imaginative methods.
How do I make a natural hookah fruit bowl?
The process for the natural Shisha fruit bowl maybe a little more complicated than a simple ceramic Hookah tobacco bowl, but it really is worth the effort!
We will use the example of an orange. In general, it is good to prefer fruits with hard skin, as you can shape them more easily, and they fit better and do not dissolve during the smoking session.
- Using an apple core removal tool, carefully remove the core from the bottom of the fruit. Make sure that the opening is large enough to fit the size of the hook stem as accurately as possible.
- With a knife, cut 1/3 of the top of the apple like a “cap” and remove it.
- With the same knife and with the help of a spoon, start carving around the perimeter and removing the fleshy inside of the fruit, forming a small bowl with “walls” of at least 1cm thickness.
- Using an absorbent paper, dry the inside part of the apple to absorb any excess juice left from the walls. If you want a fruitier taste in your tobacco, you can skip this step.
- To avoid smoke loss, align the hole you made at the base of the apple with a small square piece of aluminum foil, large enough to cover the size of it. Make small holes with a toothpick in the foil to help the hookah smoke pass through.
- Then carefully place the bowl of apple on the hook stem trying to “fasten” as firmly as possible to the tube and create a secure seal. If it is too loose and does not fit properly, then wrap a layer of paper towel around the stem and reapply until it seals securely.
Your bowl is now ready to be filled with the Shisha Tobacco or flavor of your choice, just as you would work with a regular bowl. Try not to “squeeze” the filling into the fruit bowl so that the air has the freedom to circulate inside.
Different fruits for fresh Hookah fruit bowl
Now you can experiment with fruits and different flavors! If you want to make the taste of your shisha steam stronger, try to increase the humidity inside the bowl with a little orange juice or any other kind of juice you prefer.
If you wonder what is the best tobacco for the Hookah fruit heads, read here what are the differences between dark and blond Hookah Tobacco.
Get ready for an explosion of flavors in your tobacco and enjoy the healthiest kind of hookah smoking while surprising your guests.
Note that this is the ideal substitute or alternative in case your bowl breaks unsuspectingly!
Do you want to find the right tobacco taste for your handmade fruit bowl? Check out our wide range of shisha tobacco products in our Greece hookah e-shop!